Simulation Technology Specialist
Full-time, grant-funded* position responsible for training faculty and students on correct use of all levels of simulators, as well as maintaining and troubleshooting all equipment and supporting peripheral devices in the simulation lab. This position will require specialized knowledge in using simulators in support of all Health Science programs. Variable schedule, some evenings and weekends may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical guidance and training in the use of simulation and audiovisual equipment to all new users of simulation and provides ongoing training.
- Collaborates on the planning and implementation of special projects and facilitates the technology requirements for patient simulation scenarios.
- Collaborates with faculty on the scheduling of simulation tours and continuing education simulation experiences.
- Supports the development of instructional faculty and staff orientation and training in the simulation education centers.
- Coordinates simulation education experiences at affiliated simulation education centers, in terms of quality, quantity, and appropriateness for student learning experiences using simulation education equipment.
- Performs as a liaison/technical expert with clinical sites, medical equipment vendors, and the community, which are used for student simulation educational experiences.
- Assesses simulation equipment performance domains of learning, safety; communicates regularly with the faculty, Director, and Dean regarding any performance and curriculum issues in the simulation education centers.
- Participates in admission and recruiting efforts that showcase the Division of Health Sciences and highlights the Clinical Immersion Center capabilities of the College for prospective students, potential donors, and other stakeholders.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of equipment and supplies to monitor supply levels, allocates costs accurately, and ensures supplies and equipment are readily available and functional, according to manufacturer’s standards. Oversees maintenance and repair of equipment ensuring all equipment is in good working order
- Participates in departmental, committee and other College meetings; attends conferences and other meetings to support the development of assigned programs.
- Works in conjunction with the Information Technology (IT) Department to ensure software updates and related features of the manikins are performed (updates, connection manager, restore).
- Works with IT to ensure that laptops and manikins are maintained to current standards, including diagnosing wireless environment and programing as appropriate.
- Performs regular preventative maintenance to ensure functional equipment, including disassembly and reassembly of all preventive maintenance parts.
- Assesses and troubleshoots functionality of the manikins.
- Assures routine cleaning of physical space and equipment.
- Collaborates with program leadership and the Dean, Health Sciences to create and maintain operating procedures related to the patient simulators.
- Reviews budget and provides vendor quotes for purchase of equipment, supplies and materials related to simulation education.
- Participates in product specific training and maintains the technical expertise required to effectively manage and facilitate the use of simulation equipment.
- Teaches in the Clinical Immersion Center as required. (Teaching assignments must exceed 264 hours per year to be eligible for overload pay.)
- Contributes to unit planning, assessment, and college institutional effectiveness efforts.
- Acts in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*After July 31, 2023 continuation of position is contingent upon continued grant funding
Educational: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or related healthcare field from a regionally accredited institution required.
Experiential: Minimum of three (3) years professional work experience in the discipline area required. Simulation experience preferred.
Other: Demonstrated experience using instructional technology, computers, and office software applications such as Microsoft Office required.
Classification: Professional Level III
Reports To: Dean Health Sciences
Posting Date: December 8, 2022
Starting Annual Salary: $60,000
Open Until Filled
SOUTH FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL ACCESS/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION
Applicants with disabilities who need assistance in the application or hiring process should contact: Human Resources, 863-784-7132, or send written request to:
South Florida State College
ATTN: Director, Human Resources
EA/EO & ADA Officer
600 West College Drive
Avon Park, FL 33825