Executive Director, Simulation Institute – 991743
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Job Title: Executive Director, Simulation Institute – 991743
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Job Category: Exempt
Subject to Grant Funding?: No
Essential Job Functions: 1. Oversees and monitors trends in utilization of clinical patient simulation in programs and colleges in the HPD and other programs/colleges, as needed, at all campuses utilizing simulation resources.
- Identifies, organizes, and manages supplies and other resources required for simulation experiences, including budget considerations.
- Orients faculty and students to the simulations center’s teaching and learning methods.
- Acts as resource and assists in managing practice sessions in the simulation center.
- Keeps up with current medical practice and evidence-based research in simulation education.
- Enhances clinical education using simulation and skills lab experiences that support the didactic course content and level of the student.
- Suggests and implements the newest educational experiences and teaching scenarios to enhance student clinical experience as approved by the respective department faculty.
- Modifies current simulations to meet specific course objectives as recommended by the individual department/college faculty.
- Identifies trends and patterns of learning in simulation; communicating with designated faculty regarding specific student course competencies.
- Explores new innovations and equipment which could be utilized to increase the clinical realism of the simulation experiences.
- Communicates on regular basis with the designated manager of the simulation and skills labs in all locations, assuring consistency of simulation and clinical lab practices across campuses.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required. Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: 1. Ability to orally communicate effectively in English with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing using the English language.
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, computer keyboards.
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds. Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education: Master’s Degree Major (if required): Required Experience: Five (5) years’ experience working with a variety of simulators Preferred Qualifications: Doctoral degree (Ph.D., Ed.D, MD, DO etc.) Is this a safety sensitive position? No Background Screening Required? No Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
Sensitivity Disclaimer: Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.